The Health Science Degree option is designed for students contemplating a career in health care.
- Students who pursue this degree can:
(a) advance their current employment opportunities or transfer to a four-year college/university to complete a baccalaureate degree. PLEASE NOTE: Each college/university’s eligibility requirements may vary. Students are encouraged to contact individual college/university’s for these specifications.
(b) transition to an RN - Associate Degree in Nursing, upon achievement of selective admission criteria requirements and ranking of clinical applications. Seats are limited and competitive. Please visit the Health Science Education website at www.raritanval.edu/healthscience for more information on the selective admission process at RVCC.
(c) transition to an Allied Health Joint Degree Program with Rutgers University, upon achievement of Rutger’s required admission requirements. http://shrp.rutgers.edu/
Graduates are able to:
- enhance education and career opportunities through the general and liberal arts education component of the program
- develop a foundation in the health sciences
- acquire competencies in organizational management, computer application, medical terminology and other areas relevant to the profession
- communicate effectively, think critically and problem solve across disciplines with consumers, providers, employees and other health care professionals with diverse cultural and/or educational backgrounds
Raritan Valley Community College Associate of Arts (AA) and Associate of Science (AS) degree programs are designed to comply with the New Jersey Community Colleges General Education Foundation which supports transfer of courses to NJ Public four-year colleges and universities. Students who intend to transfer to a NJ college or university can further improve the transfer of courses by using the Recommended Transfer Program (RTP) feature in NJTransfer.org.
NOTE: In addition to earning credit through the successful completion of RVCC courses, a student may be awarded credit toward an RVCC degree or certificate through alternative means. For additional information please refer to our Alternative Academic Credit policies .