Sep 24, 2023
RVCC has only 2 seats each year for the Dental Hygiene program. A student must be enrolled at RVCC and a resident of Hunterdon or Somerset County in order to apply for the Dental Education portion of the program.
General Education requirements for admission to Dental Education portion of the program
These courses must be completed with a minimum GPA of 2.75 for a student to be recommended to the Dental Education portion of the program.
Students who have completed these requirements will be contacted to attend a meeting in the spring semester for information and applications for the Dental Education clinical coursework that begins in January. Students will be advised of additional testing requirements and the recommendation process at this meeting.
Students must bring proof of Hunterdon or Somerset County residency to the meeting.
Additional General Education Requirements
Candidates must complete all additional general education courses with a minimum of “C” prior to the start of Dental Education clinical coursework in January.
1 Mathematics by official placement test. Students may not take courses below placement level. Exceptions by permission of the Dean of Instruction.
* In accordance with the RVCC Advanced Standing Policy, a minimum of 22 General Education credits must be completed at Raritan Valley Community College.
Curriculum – A.A.S. Degree
Dental Education Program at UMDNJ
First Semester - Spring
- ADEC 111 - Dental Head and Neck Anatomy 3 Credits
- ADEC 110 - Introduction to the Dental Professions 4 Credits
- DENH 120 - Introduction to Clinical Dental Hygiene 4 Credits
- ADEC 112 - Dental Materials 3 Credits
- ADEC 113 - Medical Emergencies 1 Credit
Second Semester - Fall
- ADEC 114 - Dental Health Education I 1 Credit
- ADEC 115 - Dental Radiology 3 Credits
- DENH 121 - Clinical Dental Hygiene I 3 Credits
- DENH 122 - Clinical Services I 3 Credits
- DENH 123 - Oral Embryology and Histology 2 Credits
Third Semester - Spring
- DENH 124 - Nutrition 2 Credits
- DENH 235 - Oral Pathology 2 Credits
- DENH 234 - Dental Health Ed. II/Comm. Dental Health 2 Credits
- DENH 236 - Pharmacology and Oral Medicine 1 Credit
- DENH 233 - Periodontology I 2 Credits
- DENH 231 - Clinical Dental Hygiene II 2 Credits
- DENH 232 - Clinical Services II 3 Credits
- ADEC 116 - Dental Specialties I 1 Credit
Fourth Semester - Fall
- ADEC 117 - Practice Management 1 Credit
- DENH 246 - Capstone Seminar 2 Credits
- DENH 243 - Periodontology II 2 Credits
- DENH 242 - Clinical Services III 3 Credits
- DENH 244 - Dental Specialties II 1 Credit
- DENH 245 - Pain Control 1 Credit