The Associate of Applied Science degree program in Food and Beverage Management is offered jointly with the Hunterdon County Polytech Career Academy. This program prepares students for entry-level management positions in lodging, food service or institutional operations in a variety of service fields, such as golf and country club management, tourism, casinos, convention management and lodging and restaurant operations. Certain academic courses will be offered at the Polytech’s Hunterdon Central Campus, which houses a full-sized, fully-equipped commercial production kitchen.
Instructional topics include a wide variety of specialty courses in areas such as food preparation and catering, purchasing, sanitation and cost control. Students also take part in a cooperative field experience, which offers them supervised off-campus work in the food and beverage field of their choice. Core business and general education courses round out this career degree.
Graduates are able to:
• communicate in a professional manner, handling client needs and staff issues and training
• demonstrate the skills necessary to prepare and handle food service, catering and commercial food operations
• develop menu and catering selections
• control food and beverage purchasing and handle inventory
• exhibit proficiency in restaurant computer applications
This degree is offered through the Business and Public Service Department, whose mission is to provide challenging, career-oriented undergraduate programs to business and public service students, educating them to the level of competency needed for immediate career path entry into the global market.