Raritan Valley Community College is an educational community that works to develop critical thinking, foster intellectual curiosity, promote leadership, encourage social responsibility, support personal growth, and sustain engaged citizenship within a diverse population of students and community members.
Raritan Valley Community College values all aspects of diversity including but not limited to race, sexual orientation, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, socioeconomic status, and political and philosophical perspectives. We rely on diversity to enrich the intellectual environment for students and employees. We support educational access and opportunity by recruiting and retaining a diverse college community. We foster diversity by developing and maintaining curricular and social programs that infuse the contributions of all people, and by preparing students to excel in a global society. Our commitment to diversity is reflected in the College’s Mission Statement and Strategic Goals, all of which support excellence in teaching, learning and professional development in a welcoming and respectful climate.
- RVCC is an open admission institution with high standards and excellent support services.
- RVCC serves as an important center for our community.
- RVCC participates as a reliable partner with the region’s K-12 schools to support active learning and college readiness.
- RVCC must provide support for student success, but students are responsible for their own achievements.
- The College values the diversity of our communities as a resource that strengthens the institution.
- The College is accountable for the prudent use of all its resources and seeks transparency in all its operations.
- The College measures its success against national models and standards.
- The College commits to environmentally sustainable practices.
- Educational programs must be affordable.
- A healthy college community depends on integrity and respect.
- The best college decisions are made on a learning-centered foundation.
- Learning is a lifelong endeavor.