This certificate of completion program addresses the need for qualified individuals to fill positions as computer support specialists, Help Desk technicians, and junior-level systems administrators. Credits earned in this program can be applied to the Computer Support Certificate Program.
Computer Support specialists are utilized throughout business, industry, government and non-profits. As use of personal computers continues to expand into additional roles, support specialists are called upon for a wider variety of skills, including networking and security in addition to the traditional roles of basic operations support and systems troubleshooting.
Graduates of this program are prepared to take the tests for the vendor-neutral CompTIA A+, Network+, and iNet+ certifications and are positioned to prepare for more intensive training and certification.
Graduates are able to:
- diagnose and troubleshoot computer hardware problems
- diagnose and troubleshoot computer software problems
- set up a computer system including the associated peripherals
- perform routine system maintenance, installations and upgrades (hardware and software)
- perform basic network installation, administration and troubleshooting
- assist others in the routine daily use of computers for business uses
- advise end-users in basic security practices
- make clear and precise verbal and written presentations to end-users
- assist and advise home users and small office environments
NOTE: Students in this program may not be eligible for Financial Aid; students should meet with an Academic Advisor or Financial Aid staff to discuss options for Financial Aid eligibility.