Jul 25, 2021
Candidates must complete all general education courses with a minimum grade of “C”.
General Education requirements for admission to Dental Education portion of the program
These courses must be completed with a minimum GPA of 2.0 for a student to be recommended to the Dental Education portion of the program.
Students who have completed these requirements are required to attend a meeting in June for information regarding the recommendation process for the Dental Education coursework that begins in January.
Students must contact Kathleen Michell, coordinator of Allied Health, once they have completed their prerequisites in the summer semester. Rutgers School of Health Related Professions (SHRP) has set an application deadline of August 1st each year.
For additional details and requirements on this program and the Dental Hygiene Bachelors of Science degree, please visit: www.shrp.rutgers.edu
*A minimum of 10 General Education credits must be completed at Raritan Valley Community College.
Curriculum – Certificate Program
Dental Education Program at Rutgers
First Semester - Spring
- ADEC 1110 - Dental Head & Neck Anatomy 3 Credits
- ADEC 1209 - Introduction to the Dental Professions 4 Credits
- ADEC 1250 - Dental Materials 3 Credits
- ADEC 1240 - Medical Emergencies 1 Credit
- ADEC 1269 - Dental Specialties 1 Credit
- DENA 1149 - Introduction to Clinical Dental Assisting 3 Credits
- DENA - 1274 Pre-Clinical Assisting 0 Credits
Second Semester - Fall
- ADEC 2460 - Practice Management 1 Credit
- DENA 1232 - Dental Science 2 Credits
- ADEC 1219 - Dental Radiology 3 Credits
- ADEC 1205 - Dental Health Education I 1 Credit
- DENA 1279 - Clinical Assisting 4 Credits