The Business Administration program prepares students for transfer into the junior year at four-year colleges or universities. In today’s competitive business environment, a Bachelor’s degree is often the minimum educational requirement when seeking a job. A four-year degree may also increase your potential for career advancement and is linked to higher lifetime earnings.
The Marketing Option in Business Administration provides students with practical knowledge and skills essential for employment in organizations involved in the marketing of goods or services. This Option provides a core group of marketing courses as well as a foundation in management, accounting and computer science that facilitates transfer to four-year colleges.
Graduates will be able to:
• demonstrate a basic knowledge of accounting, economics, management, and marketing
• critically analyze and interpret information to solve problems and make business decisions
• apply quantitative methods as a basis to examine business situations
• recognize and evaluate ethical issues and situations
• determine the effects of behavioral factors on business outcomes
• demonstrate effective business communication
This degree is offered through the Business and Public Service Department.
It is recommended that students check with their intended transfer school for specific program requirements.
Raritan Valley Community College Associate of Arts (AA) and Associate of Science (AS) degree programs are designed to comply with the New Jersey Community Colleges General Education Foundation which supports transfer of courses to NJ Public four-year colleges and universities. Students who intend to transfer to a NJ college or university can further improve the transfer of courses by using the Recommended Transfer Program (RTP) feature in NJTransfer.org.