Jan 20, 2020
RVCC has only 2 seats each year for the Dental Hygiene program. A student must be enrolled at RVCC and a resident of Hunterdon or Somerset County in order to apply for the Dental Education portion of the program.
General Education requirements for admission to Dental Education portion of the program
These courses must be completed with a minimum GPA of 2.85 for a student to be recommended to the Dental Education portion of the program.
Students who have completed all of the above requirements must complete an application with the Coordinator of Allied Health by April 1st. Students must present proof of Hunterdon or Somerset County residency when filling out the Dental Education Program application for UMDNJ. For the most up to date requirements, please visit: www.shrp.umdnj.edu
* A minimum of 22 General Education credits must be completed at Raritan Valley Community College.
Additional General Education Requirements
Candidates must complete all additional General Education courses with a minimum of “C” prior to the start of Dental Education clinical coursework in January.
1 Mathematics by official placement test. Students may not take courses below placement level. Exceptions by permission of the Chair of Health Science Education.
*A minimum of 22 General Education credits must be completed at Raritan Valley Community College.
Curriculum – A.A.S. Degree
Dental Education Program at UMDNJ
First Semester - Spring
- ADEC 1110 - Dental Head and Neck Anatomy 3 Credits
- ADEC 1209 - Introduction to the Dental Professions 4 Credits
- DENH 1109 - Introduction to Clinical Dental Hygiene 4 Credits
- ADEC 1250 - Dental Materials 3 Credits
- ADEC 1240 - Medical Emergencies 1 Credit
Second Semester - Fall
- ADEC 1205 - Dental Health Education I 1 Credit
- ADEC 1219 - Dental Radiology 3 Credits
- DENH 1231 - Clinical Dental Hygiene I 3 Credits
- DENH 1249 - Clinical Services I 3 Credits
- DENH 1280 - Oral Embryology and Histology 2 Credits
Third Semester - Spring
- DENH 1220 - Nutrition 2 Credits
- DENH 2300 - Oral Pathology 2 Credits
- DENH 2310 - Dental Health Ed./Comm. Dental Health 2 Credits
- DENH 2320 - Pharmacology and Oral Medicine 1 Credit
- DENH 2321 - Periodontology I 2 Credits
- DENH 2332 - Clinical Dental Hygiene II 2 Credits
- DENH 2349 - Clinical Services II 3 Credits
- ADEC 1269 - Dental Specialties I 1 Credit
Fourth Semester - Fall
- ADEC 2460 - Practice Management 1 Credit
- DENH 2410 - Capstone Seminar 2 Credits
- DENH 2422 - Periodontology II 2 Credits
- DENH 2449 - Clinical Services III 3 Credits
- DENH 2459 - Dental Specialties II 1 Credit
- DENH 2453 - Pain Control 1 Credit
Total Credits for A.A.S. Degree 86