This certificate program addresses the need for qualified individuals to fill positions as computer support specialists, Help Desk technicians, and junior-level systems administrators.
Computer Support specialists are utilized throughout business, industry, government and non-profits. As use of personal computers continues to expand into additional roles, support specialists are called upon for a wider variety of skills, including networking and security, in addition to the traditional roles of basic operations support and systems troubleshooting.
Graduates of this program are prepared to take the tests for the vendor-neutral CompTIA A+, Network+, and iNet+ certifications.
Graduates are able to:
- diagnose and troubleshoot computer hardware problems
- diagnose and troubleshoot computer software problems
- set up a computer system, including the associated peripherals
- perform routine system maintenance, installations and upgrades (hardware and software)
- perform basic network installation, administration and troubleshooting
- assist others in the routine daily use of computers for business uses
- advise end-users in basic security practices
- make clear and precise verbal and written presentations to end-users