Interfaces are the lens through which we view our modern digital lives. Every interface, every point of contact with a computer system, must be designed by someone who has a deep understanding of how humans and computers mesh. Our favorite websites and apps on our computers and mobile devices, the screens in our vehicles, interactive displays in museums, and touchscreen kiosks - all of these things are connected via the Web and driven by interfaces.
The Certificate program is predominantly designed to help equip students who wish to catch up with modern Multimedia, Interface Design, and Web technologies.
Graduates are able to:
- create and optimize images, sound, video, animation, and text in digital space.
- demonstrate the current best practices of User Experience (UX) and User-Centered Design for human-computer interfaces.
- operate the underlying hardware, software, and other technologies that make modern multimedia possible.
- build User-Interface (UI)–driven presentations, applications, and web pages in a variety of real-world contexts.
- develop and produce the code that undergirds web and multimedia technologies.
- evaluate and discuss the legal and ethical concerns of intellectual property in the Information Age.
- build a portfolio of work that will demonstrate proficiency in Interface Design & Web Development.