The College’s website at www.raritanval.edu offers comprehensive information about services and programs available at RVCC. The general public has easy access to up-to-date information about the campus, from news and events to course descriptions.
In addition, a wide variety of online services are available to RVCC students through Lion’s Den, the online student information system at Raritan Valley Community College. The Lion’s Den is the official communication channel used for RVCC business and teaching purposes. Students should check it daily to ensure that they read all communication in a timely manner. Most services require the College ID number and a password. Students can:
- Apply for admission and view status of application processing
- View status of admission document processing
- View and print the course schedule
- View and print course descriptions
- View HOLDS that may limit or restrict registration
- Register for classes
- View financial aid status
- View financial account
- Update address, phone number and e-mail information
- Add or drop classes
- Request enrollment verification
- View and print final grades
- Generate and print a degree evaluation
- View and print unofficial transcripts
- Request official transcripts
- Receive important College mail, including bills, grades, and academic standards correspondence
- Sign up for emergency and inclement weather notifications
Raritan Valley Community College is a fully networked campus. Personal computers are available in over 30 instructional laboratories, running Microsoft Windows 7 and the Office 2013 suite of applications. In addition, many application software packages for academic disciplines are available. All labs are equipped with high-speed laser printers. All computers have access to the Internet.
The College offers special purpose computing labs for graphic and fine arts, multimedia development, video production, writing, math, English as a Second Language, and Information Literacy instruction. In addition to offering discipline-specific software, these labs have specialized equipment such as document scanners, color printers, video capture cards, and DVD/CD read/write drives. Networking, video editing, gaming, and graphic design labs provide computers and equipment for hands-on instruction in those disciplines.
The campus has complete Wi-Fi coverage and students can self-register their computers, smart phones, and tablets to utilize it.
Students also have access to personal and laptop computers in the library. Here, software is specially configured for research and library related activities.
Personal computers, the campus network, and the Internet are also used in 85+ multi-media classrooms known as CATT (Center for Advanced Teaching and Technology) rooms.
All students are provided with Microsoft Office 365 hosted e-mail accounts via the College’s secure portal, the Lion’s Den. This system, together with the College’s administrative system, allows online registration for classes, grade look up, e-mail to faculty, and notices of campus events. Online courses are provided via the WebStudy system, a feature rich Learning Management System. The myRV app, which provides mobile access to student data and services, is available free for both Apple and Android platforms.
The College continually evaluates and enhances its computing and network facilities and software applications. Industry input is sought to assure that RVCC students are provided with the technology necessary to successfully compete in today’s economy.
Educational Technology at RVCC
RVCC students enjoy the use of a state-of-the-art array of educational technology. The College is fully networked throughout the campus and with outside electronic sources.
This network connects a rich variety of resources both on- and off-site. All registered students get an Internet account with full privileges to allow them to participate in opportunities for independent remote instruction and for research and communication activities. Students at RVCC use this opportunity to build the foundation to participate effectively in an information-based society.
RVCC offers 125 online and hybrid courses, including almost 50 general education courses. Online courses feature instruction that requires no physical presence on campus. However, on campus testing may be required. Hybrid courses, where class time is divided between traditional classroom or lab activities and online instruction, combine the convenience of online courses with the personal attention of classroom interaction. Hybrid courses generally feature 49 percent of instruction offered online, with 51 percent of instruction in a traditional classroom setting. In addition, some live classes may require an online component.
RVCC offers the following degree programs which can me completed entirely online:
- A.A.S. in Accounting
- Certificate in CPA Education Requirement
- Certificate in Health Information Technology-Medical Coding
In addition, the following degree programs offer the opportunity to complete at least 85 percent of the courses online:
- A.S. in Business Administration - General Business Option
- A.S. in Business Administration - International Business Option
- A.S. in Business Administration - Marketing Option
- A.A. in Criminal Justice
- A.A. in English
- A.A.S. in Health Information Technology
- A.A. in Liberal Arts
- A.A. in Liberal Arts - Communication Studies
- A.A. in Liberal Arts - Social Science Option
- A.S. in Mathematics
- A.A.S. in Accounting Information Systems
- A.A.S. in Business Management - Financial Services Option
- A.A.S. in Business Management - General Business Option
- A.A.S. in Business Management - International Business Option
- A.A.S in Technical Studies - Business Management Option