Through University Center partnerships with selected universities, Raritan Valley Community College offers students the opportunity to complete upper-level or graduate courses on the RVCC campus.
Current University Center partners and the programs they offer include:
- Caldwell College – B.A. in Elementary Education with certification programs in Early Childhood Education (preschool through grade three); Elementary Education (kindergarten through grade eight); Elementary Education with subject matter specializations in English, mathematics, social studies, and science; and Teacher Certification for grades K-12 in art, biology, English, French, mathematics, music, social studies, and Spanish.
- Fairleigh Dickinson University – B.A. in Individualized Studies with concentrations in Business and International Studies, Communications, and Applied Technology.
- Felician College – B.S. in Management, Business Administration, Accounting, and Marketing with an optional concentration in International Business available within each degree; and a B.S. in Healthcare Administration.
- Kean University – B.S. and M.S. in Nursing.
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey – B.A. in Liberal Studies, Psychology, and Criminal Justice.
Students register for University Center courses through the universities offering the specific programs. Class schedules are posted online prior to each academic term.
Information about specific programs offered through the University Center can be obtained by calling or meeting with a representative from the partner college or university. Successful completion of specific courses or tests may be required prior to admission.
For additional information, call (908) 526-1200, extension 8939 or e-mail Univcen@raritanval.edu.
The Raritan Valley Community College Foundation is the fund-raising arm of RVCC. The Foundation engages individuals, local businesses, corporations, and other foundations in philanthropic activities to support the College’s standing as a premier academic institution and the most important source of culture and continuing education in Somerset and Hunterdon counties.
The RVCC Foundation’s annual fund provides the “margin of excellence” that allows the College to enhance its programs beyond public and tuition sources. The Foundation secures scholarship support for students demonstrating academic excellence and/or financial need, and also raises funds for a variety of College programs, including the Institute for Holocaust and Genocide Studies and the Paul Robeson Institute for Ethics, Leadership and Social Justice. These programs offer opportunities for students, faculty and the general public to connect with the College beyond the classroom and have their horizons expanded and their lives enriched. Other funding priorities include the Theatre at RVCC, the Planetarium, and the Art Gallery. The RVCC Foundation also is raising capital funds to build the Ray Bateman Center for Student Life and Leadership. The Center will provide adaptable space that will allow faculty and students to interact more readily in both formal and informal collaborative activities across all disciplines, and promote integrated learning experiences that will enhance their studies.
There are many ways to partner with the Foundation to help ensure the College continues to provide high quality education at an affordable cost and to promote intellectual achievement, lifelong learning, and personal growth for students and the community at large.
For additional information, call (908) 526-1200, extensions 8411 or 8349, or visit the Foundation website at www.raritanval.edu/foundation.
Foundation Board of Directors
Mr. Gene C. McCarthy, Chair
Mr. Nicholas F. Pellitta, Vice Chair
Mr. Frank T. Araps
Mr. N. William Atwater
Mr. Kenneth Bateman
Mr. Andrew Borkin
Ms. Melinda A. Ciattarelli
Mr. Vince Cirianni
Dr. Casey Crabill, President, RVCC
Mr. Patrick Fittipaldi
Ms. Carol B. Guttschall
Dr. Ellen Lindemann
Ms. Donna LoStocco
Mr. Suleman Madha
Ms. Elisabeth McConville
Dr. Catherine M. McVicker
Ms. Jeanne K. Perantoni
Dr. Jennifer Redmond
Mr. Steven A. Reichman
Mr. Peter G. Schoberl
Mr. John Trojan
Ms. Kate Whitman Annis
Mr. Peter S. Johnson (Emeritus)
Dr. Richard D. Wellbrock (Emeritus)